[GameClub 13] Batman: Arkham Knight

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

Due to the exceptional circumstances, there are three GameClubs running in parallel.

My reasoning for running so many GameClubs is that A Plague Tale: Innocence is a relatively short game, and there appears to be minimal overlap between those interested in playing Batman: Arkham Knight and The Long Dark.

For those who don’t have Batman: Arkham Knight yet, Humble Bundle is running a -75% special on the Batman games for the next three days (2020-05-22T16:00:00Z2020-05-25T17:00:00Z)

And the winner is…

Phew! This was a tough GameClub vote. Batman: Arkham Knight has come out ahead and is therefore officially the game selected for GameClub 13. You have until the end of July 2020 to complete this GameClub

Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.
— Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Fast & The Furious

You’ll find the archive of how Batman: Arkham Knight ended up becoming the official GameClub 13 in the discussion below.

SUDDEN DEATH

If there’s one thing that this GameClub vote has shown us it’s that there are a stack of games we want to be playing, and not enough time in the day.

To try and break the 4-way tie of the multi-select poll, we had a sudden death round:

Poll

The poll for GameClub 13 was posted in this topic. Here is a link to the post:

Nominees

Here are the nominees for GameClub 13. Games with only one nomination will not be included on the final ballot.

Game HowLongToBeat Nominations
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 71.5 hours 4
The Surge 2 28.5 hours 3
A Plague Tale: Innocence 12.0 hours 3
Mass Effect 2 35.5 hours 3
GTA V 47.0 hours 2
Batman: Arkham Knight 30 hours 3
Rebel Galaxy 31.5 hours 2
Subnautica: Below Zero ~64 hours 2
Undertale 10.5 hours 2
Yakuza 0 65.5 hours 2
The Long Dark 44.0 hours 2
Mass Effect 28.5 hours 1
Mass Effect 3 35.5 hours 1
Deliver us the Moon 6 hours 1
Limbo 4 hours 1
Inside 4 hours 1
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate 33 hours 1
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden 16.5 hours 1
Fallout New Vegas 60.5 hours 1
Final Fantasy IX 55 hours 1
South Park: The Fractured But Whole 21 hours 1
Golf With Your Friends 23.5 hours 1

Original post

Quite a few people have finished the current GameClub already, so I’ve been wondering if we shouldn’t kick of the next GameClub before the current one ends. Have a bit of overlap, as it were?

For those who might not know, GameClub is like a book club for games. We select a game to play through threads topics like this one, and then play it through from start to finish and discuss our progress right here on the forum.

So… for the purpose of this thread, please voice your opinion on whether we should start early and what you would like to play. Only people’s first three game nominations will be counted. (Poll for whether we should start early at the end of this post.)

Sample reply:

Sure, let’s start early. I’m looking for something new to play anyway!

1. The Goonies
  2. The Island of Doctor Brain
  3. The Ultimate Doom
  • Start GameClub 13 early!
  • Only start GameClub 13 on 1 June

0 voters

2 Likes

I voted! I think I might actually join, as I’m planning a month’s leave in June.

3 Likes

I’m already excited about this :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Sure, let’s start early. I’m looking for something new to play anyway!

1. The Surge 2
  2. The Long Dark
  3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
4 Likes
  1. Mass Effect
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Mass Effect 3

Although, with these remake rumors… ah, screw it, I’m leaving it as is :slight_smile:

5 Likes
  1. Plague Tale
  2. The Long Dark
  3. Deliver us the Moon
5 Likes

I was thinking of starting the Long Dark this coming weekend. But if’s a GameClub game then that would be even better. So I’ll change one of my suggestions to The Long Dark.

3 Likes

1.Yakuza 0
2.The Surge 2
3.Plague Tale

These are all gamepass games available on both PC and Xbone.

2 Likes

Might change

1. GTA V
  2. Limbo
  3. Inside
2 Likes

Okay, now I’ll change one of my other nominations to The Surge 2.

3 Likes

I played a bit of it yesterday. Performance issues aside it seems like a massive step up from The Surge (1). It plays a lot smoother so far. I doubt it will win the vote but I will hold off on playing more until then. I still have stuff to do in Code Vein anyway.

3 Likes

What about voting for some of the great freebies EGS gave away in recent months?

1. Batman: Arkham Knight
  2. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
  3. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
4 Likes

Okay, and this is the last one. I will change my last option to Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

3 Likes

Now that is an idea.

2 Likes

Hmm I’m tempted to change a vote Kingdom Come as well. I’ve always loved the idea of the game. I do in fact own it and have played it but a bug caused me to lose several hours of gameplay so I uninstalled it.

2 Likes

I mean, there are some really good games in my EGS library that I haven’t touched yet. All graciously given for free by our Epic overlords.

3 Likes
  1. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. The Surge 2

Thought I’d throw something new out there with my nr 1 which is currently part of XBox Game Pass for PC.

3 Likes

Play times from HowLongToBeat.com

1. Rebel Galaxy (31.5 hours)
  2. Subnautica: Below Zero (64 hours)
  3. Undertale (10.5 hours)
2 Likes
  1. Mass effect 2
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Fallout New Vegas
3 Likes
  1. Plague: Tale of Innocence
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight