[GameClub 14] A Plague Tale: Innocence

Game Club is like a book club for games. We get together and play a game during a set period, from start to finish. You’ll get a badge to proudly display on your forum profile if you finish the game in time and discuss it in the forum.

We also sometimes chat on Discord in the evenings while we play. Buy the game (if you don’t have it already), play it, join our chats in the evenings, be happy and content with the world. The chats are optional, but posting in the forum is not.

Due to exceptional circumstances, I am trying an experiment and running several GameClubs in parallel. Hopefully I don’t cause a rift in the space-time continuum or something.

GameClub 14 is A Plague Tale: Innocence. Unless the Council of MEW (that’s all of you), decree otherwise (by arguing for/against in this topic), this GameClub will run until the end of July 2020.

(You get a free “I’m Old” badge if you catch this reference.)

My reasoning for running so many GameClubs in parallel is that A Plague Tale: Innocence is a relatively short game, and there appears to be minimal overlap between those interested in playing Batman: Arkham Knight and The Long Dark.

Tagging @Entity, @MalicE, @Wyvern, @DarthMol, @Wlad, @SlinX (who voted for A Plague Tale).

4 Likes

Let’s go for it

3 Likes

Nice! I started this a while ago (just the first part) and it’s pretty cool so I’m keen to start over and play it for the GameClub

2 Likes

Free badges you say…?

2 Likes

Another big plus for Game Pass subscribers - A Plague Tale: Innocence is available to you on either GP for PC or GP for Console:

Game Pass for PC:

Game Pass for Console:

It is also currently on special on Steam, but only for another 15-odd minutes sadly :frowning:

Can’t find any other decent specials on it at the moment. Next best offer is a 16% discount over on Fanatical, but without regional pricing, that only brings the price down to R667, which is still more expensive than the game’s full price on Steam (R550): (aka - do not buy it here at this price!)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/a-plague-tale-innocence?ref=grizzledgeek

1 Like

Unless you cant get gamepass to install on the right drive

2 Likes

Sorry Wyv - I don’t understand why it won’t let you use that drive - it’s weird.

2 Likes

Because it was installed there before - now it wont remove the old files so currently I am not able to use my xbox pass :frowning:

1 Like

Downloaded and (will be) playing on Xbone.

5 Likes

I’m about 5 hours in… not sure if it’s worth restating. I just voted because I’m enjoying the game so far.

2 Likes

Just keep going!

3 Likes

I completed the first 3 chapters last night. Really enjoying the game. From the unique setting, the intriguing story, the dynamic between Amicia and Hugo, the horrifying rats, there’s a lot to like about the game. The “rat tech” is also really impressive with how many there are and how they react to the light. The game also looks amazing, with a lot of detail in the scenes.

4 Likes

Those fracking rats gave me nightmares

i will replay the chapters I did before hopefully tomorrow

4 Likes

What an epic game! The story is really great and I enjoyed the mix of stealth, puzzle solving and a bit of action. The interaction between Amicia and her little brother Hugo is so well done. Companions in a game can be really tough to get right, but when you do it always makes the journey that much more incredible.

The rat tech gets even more astonishing as the game progresses. It’s actually quite incredible what they achieved. I’m definitely going to find some Dev videos where they talk about how they developed that tech.

[An aside - with the achievements in the game (on Xbox app) you unlock desktop wallpapers. Given how amazing the game looks, it’s a nice plus to get some cool wallpapers from it]

5 Likes

Ive managed to redo what I lost, I am now on the way to the doctor, I keep getting killed in the wheat fields.

4 Likes

May not be Dev related, but I watch a LOT of in-depth analysis videos and critiques of games. If you really keen to go deep, check out the following channels: Luke Stephens, That Boy Aqua, Whitelight, LazerzZ, Raycevick, Joseph Anderson and Fizhy. Granted these style of videos are lengthy but worth it if you want a deep dive on learning more about them.

Here’s a great one too…

3 Likes

On special on PS4

3 Likes

Thats quite a discount.

2 Likes

I have about 5 days to finish this game, hope i can do it :stuck_out_tongue:

(xbox game pass we got for Sea of Thieves ends 26th hehe)

2 Likes

I was going to say you have to the end of July but then I read your second line.

2 Likes