Introduce Yourself

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?

Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Civil engineers build targets.

5 Likes

I’m a bit younger than Sig, but you are probably right. 2nd year, 1st semester - Machine Design and Strength of Materials were the two killers.

I was one of 5 students who switched from Mech to Ind in the same week, right after the first test week. I think 95% of the class failed the first Mats test. The lecturer was impossible to follow, there was no reference to the textbook, and he refused to answer questions in class.

For Machine Design we needed an entire backpack full of books (including the SKF) plus drawing paper for prac. Naturally, we split the load in little groups. Lecturer caught on. Demanded we each make a pile of all the course materials in front of us and if we didn’t have every single item we could get out of his class. 2/3 of the class got kicked out of the prac. Another time he walked in, scribbled a problem on the board and told us to solve it by the end of the prac. Walked out again. We had no idea what he was asking us to do. We had to figure out the SKF by ourselves. It was a nightmare.

Ugh, ranting in the introduction thread, my apologies. Just remembering it makes me furious.

3 Likes

You definitely shouldn’t apologise for this! By withholding accepting a friend request on Discord you have achieved what I could not… getting @Ani to sign up to MEW.

Well done, @Entity!

6 Likes

Welcome @j0s3pH

hehehe

3 Likes

Yes, Welcome @j0s3pH!

*I have no idea what’s going on but I’m trying to be cool so I’m going along with whatever is happening

3 Likes

Welcome @j0s3pH !

I also have no idea what’s going on. Just following @Entity ! I’m the bald zombie in that gif.

3 Likes

I love this one’s face

iMarkup_20210910_104413

2 Likes

Hello there

5 Likes

Welcome! Good see someone new!

2 Likes

Welcome @j0s3pH I think you know @Mottamort ?

4 Likes

i unfortunately work with @Mottamort

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Shame :grinning:

I see :+1:

2 Likes

Condolences

3 Likes
3 Likes

General Kenobi

4 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome to MEW @j0s3pH, may you find that you enjoy it, the cookies are all gone

There is still beer and so on hidden all over thanks to @Murph

And lots of coffee and tea in the breakroom

And last but not least ask @murfle for the chilli sauce.

4 Likes

Condolences…

We have a great support structure here so feel free to use it!

6 Likes

Whats up dudes. Its me tsar dont know if you remember me.

6 Likes