Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

3 Likes

It was amazing! 1.4s between the podium cars after 12 hours!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Remember the Ferrari SUV that we shouldnā€™t call an SUV?

They sort of settled on ā€œFUVā€ - a Ferrari Utility Vehicle :roll_eyes: but they still donā€™t like. Anyway, itā€™s starting to roll off the production. And even with its R9-million price tag, itā€™s waitlist has already grown to over two years.

Hereā€™s Top Gear Magazineā€™s Associate Editor, Tom Fordā€™s impressions.

Still want one.

2 Likes

I see your sensible SUVā€¦ And I raise you a sensible daily driverā€¦

4 Likes

same horsepower as a veyron but so much lighter and smaller, just without the luxury of a veyron

2 Likes

5 Likes

mx 30 based replicas are incoming :joy:

3 Likes

What do you mean, itā€™s the same car.

3 Likes

Fascinating story about an utterly bonkers car and itā€™s equally eccentric ownerā€¦ There are no typos here - itā€™s a 27-litre, 2Ā¼-ton, Spitfire-engined, road legal two door sedan!

Jonny Smith gets the chance of a lifetime to drive the ex-Guinness world record Spitfire aero engine Beast on the street. Built around a 27-litre V12 Mk35 Rolls Royce Merlin engine, The Beast has been in the same family since it was conceived back in the early 1970s. No power steering, 2.25 tonnes, 27,000ccs and 2mpgā€¦

2 Likes

Following up on The Beast being soldā€¦

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know Gordon Murray had a YouTube channel until I saw this:

A bit long, but with a fair amount of neat, technical details.

Also came across this channel, which has some comfy rally vids. No obnoxious voice overs or weird editting. Just text and period commentary:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Oooooh, I always thought this was a dream car. Now Iā€™m sure!

2 Likes

For anyone who likes well researched videos about cars and car people, then check out this fairly new channel. He only has like 10 videos, but they are all legendary!

https://www.youtube.com/@the.squidd

4 Likes

good shout there, just watched the Nissan Skyline video, its both technical, and entertaining, I also want a Nissan Skyline even more now

2 Likes

SA is one of the few countries that will be getting the GR Corolla, along with the GR Yaris. Iā€™d take the Yaris if I had a choice, but with the LSDs.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I do appreciate that nobody knows what they were actually protesting, since nobody gave them the time of day.

3 Likes
2 Likes