The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Morning

3 Likes

With eBucks you can sell your eBucks at 12c an eBuck even though the official rate is 10c. The reason for this is the 40% discounts that the eBucks store offers.

I bought R1500 worth of Checkers vouchers for R900 yesterday which is what makes eBucks amazing.

However, if you do want to rather get cash then you can’t just convert it like at ABSA but have to sell it to someone else like at Carbonite or I’m in an eBucks whatsapp group.

2 Likes

I wish I made that many ebucks :stuck_out_tongue: But what I make I can save up and normally use on takealot or wherever. It works for me.

2 Likes

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a great day

3 Likes

See I don’t know if i’d get any benefits from it. My lady maybe, since she pays for that sort of stuff (when we at checkers, we use her checkers card so we use her bank card too) etc. i rarely use my CC anymore except to put in petrol and occasional lunch for me when on road.
Will see what I can find out on the fees, maybe its worth it for her to do…altho she’s super annoyed at ABSA the last 3 months, they keep phoning her (often between 5 and 7 pm) to tell her she can increase her credit limit, and she’ told them no and to fuckoff (nicely) but they keep calling…

/rant over

2 Likes

@Beo

4 Likes

Thank you kind sir.

2 Likes

It’s why we have a communal bank account, with 2x debit cards and 2x credit cards. It helps managing the finances and obviously increases our “spending” on the one account, making the Absa rewards worth it at the end of each month.

2 Likes

We’ll get there, we havent done that arrangement (only having been married less than 4 months and it already having been such a headache in admin she hasn’t even changed her surname etc yet due to covid queues and backlogs at all places). So for now my account pays the bond and rates and shit like that and she gets groceries and transfers me money if i run low and vice versa. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

See that whole transfer story is why we ended up getting the communal account, or rather giving my wife power of attorney on my account and closing hers. There were unnecessary bank charges for all the payments and introduced loads of stress waiting for payments to clear (as it was Absa <> FNB). Having a single account balance to juggle is also a lot easier when doing on-the-fly budgeting.

2 Likes

Its definitely on the cards, but we are both absa so minimal hassle and its like once a month if needed transfers, we’re both sorta paying our each way for now and we don’t argue/bicker over money. Its just not high priority yet in comparison to the pain of going to the bank (just getting our home loan bond to appear on my account so we could put extra money in and see details etc was a full day at absa…thanks east london queues)
:slight_smile:

Yes forum, i’ve replied to him a lot now you don’t have to keep reminding me other people are here too…their input is always welcome, go away blue screen!

2 Likes

Can I whatsapp or email you, whichever medium you prefer?

2 Likes

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosa can this year end please - cracked my phone screen

1 Like

Is it weird that I’m sad it’s not Wednesday?

3 Likes

I really despise all these sites that try to push notifications, makes me almost leave their site immediately.

3 Likes

Good morning! It’s Friday! It’s a good day to celebrate #WorldNutellaDay :yum:

3 Likes

Mornin’ y’all!

3 Likes

Morning you sexy fuckers :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

(Animal sound ) Caw

Woah its wait… woah

3 Likes

Sup ya’ll

3 Likes