Voting for a new name meta discussion

Iā€™ve pinned the topic so that it stays prominent.

1 Like

yes Jan got the greenlight to take over the MyG franchise

Confirming that I got permission to continue using the MyGaming name. So, as per @DieGrootHammerā€™s poll the options are:

1. Keep MyGaming as-is (with a few tweaks to decouple it from MyBroadband).

2. Change the name of this forum (MEW) to MyGaming.

3. Change everything: name and forum software.

Once that is decided, there are a few other nitty-gritties to handle:

• If we use the new forum software, we should still try and preserve the posts currently on MyGaming.
  • We can either import them here (Iā€™m thinking a special archive category, with all the old posts locked);
  • Or I can preserve the old forum posts in a static site, which will then link to the new forum.

This is to try and avoid a massive drop in traffic in addition to a loss of history.

Iā€™ve got a few other ideas kicking around so we donā€™t lose the brand MyGaming has built up in the South African market over the last nine years, but still get to use a new name. Once Iā€™ve had a chance to think through it a little more carefully Iā€™ll bring it up for discussion.

3 Likes

Only 15 votes cast, we still need a few more people to weigh in on the matter. Iā€™m tagging all the users. If youā€™ve voted, thank you, and just ignore me.

@Solitude
@MetalSoup
@DarthMol
@Pr0fPyr0
@Murph
@czc
@DohcWP
@oltman
@Wyvern
@crzwaco
@Blazzok
@wenzdayz
@FarligOpptreden
@SIGSTART
@TechThief
@Viper
@Tom
@MalicE
@Mister44
@Hiro
@Kwaai
@Wlad
@Flex
@rise_above
@Talentloos
@Beo
@AlienTaker
@Mottamort
@Donisia
@Glordit
@Armitag3
@Snowbeast
@Fivelza
@miryannick
@Saint_Dee

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Forum layout and structure

Right, 67.56% of all users have voted on the potential name and future of the site as per the poll. Remember to make sure your vote is in!!

1 Like

Anything with the word ā€˜gameā€™ in the title and I will be blocked at work.

1 Like

A lot of people have the same issuse which is why I like MEW - plus MEW!!!

Itā€™s the reason I fell out of mygaming in the first place - donā€™t want that to happen again - I like the company throughout the day

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Logo and visual identity redesign