Don’t Assume My Topic Thread

Of course, at his age group, I think it’s more playing but starting with the discipline and technique will come later.

He took to it really well and energetic, introduced himself to other kids and started interactions on his own. That was great to see. However he didn’t want to get involved in the wrestling as yet as he was afraid of getting hurt, but I think this will change soon enouigh as he learns that sparring is a mutual respect for each other.

3 Likes

Aw @Wyvern , I’m sorry that he isn’t improving and that you have to go through all this. May the transfer go well.

4 Likes

G’day mates.

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Good morning eveyone.

4 Likes

@GregRedd Where did you post about your Takealot woes? I’m struggling to find the posts you made.

I’ve got a return pending with them, they gave me a luggage scale rather that the electric toothbrush heads I expected… Just curious to go and read about your adventures again.

3 Likes

Luggage scales: good for weighing your false teeth, useless for cleaning them. :smiley:

At least I got a TV - the completely incorrect one, but a TV. Confusing toothbrush heads and a luggage scale is just weird.

My story started back in the previous TK topic, carried on here, and eventually concluded here, with a link to the MyBB article just above it.

3 Likes

TK really is the place to lose info it seems.

3 Likes

So I run and work in a distributed team, some of my teammates are in India and only today have I learned that they exclusively work on their laptops. I found it absurd that they are expected to work like this and are not given external screens to work with/on.

1 Like

Thank you, sir, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Most of the devs I work with are all on laptops, the difference is that they made sure that they have adapters to host 3 screens, external keyboards and mouse. The laptop is just a docking station.

2 Likes

Exactly. But to to be expected to work only on a laptop screen, I just hope they have a 17" as I really struggle when only bound to my 13" screen.

3 Likes

Afternoon people of the palace

What a day, we started off with a meeting at the hospital to discuss the wheelchair we need for dad, then the routine of collecting him tomorrow. At 10:15 they will help us get him in the car, then we are on our own to take him to his step down facility.

There at least we will have help to get him in there.

So far today, we have spent an hour at home, been running around getting everything for dad, we took over a duvet and pillows from home, then mum decided he needs his own new sheets - that meant the mall. . . . finally home, the sheets have been ironed, waiting on the towels she got him to finish washing, then we will take the sheets to the new place and just drop it off, then we are going to Durbanville Mediclinic to visit my youngest brother who has been admitted on Tuesday evening for acute diverticulitis, he so far doesn’t need surgery - caught it early so he is on antibiotics and staying there till Sunday.

Then we will pick up food and just relax tonight, not gonna go visit dad again today cos we got to see him this morning, where he walked again and much better than yesterday!

Im exhausted, cant wait to finish this transfer over tomorrow and just relax a little

managed to twist my left ankle in the running around since yesterday.

Hope you all had a great day!

6 Likes

Hope it all goes smoothly. How long should stay there?

3 Likes

Oy. You guys are having a seriously bad run of health issues. Hope things all work out for your dad, brother, and your ankle. Take it slow!

2 Likes

Sadly that is the whole how long is a piece of string question. As much as I want to get him home, for the time being is too unstable emotionally and need supervision and support 24/7.

If that improves we can rethink the situation but he needs to be in a state that one can actually talk him out of his loops or able to rationalize with him, which is simply not the case right now.

We dream of better days but I need more than 1 good day in a 2 week period.

Take care of yourselves people, also plan for more support in the event that something goes horribly wrong. If you thought daily living is expensive you should try caring for someone with extra needs.

9 Likes

Morning people of the palace
Hope you all have a god day

3 Likes

‘sup homies?!

:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yellow everyone.

4 Likes

PCR test came back positive.

2 Likes