[GameClub 14] A Plague Tale: Innocence

What an epic game! The story is really great and I enjoyed the mix of stealth, puzzle solving and a bit of action. The interaction between Amicia and her little brother Hugo is so well done. Companions in a game can be really tough to get right, but when you do it always makes the journey that much more incredible.

The rat tech gets even more astonishing as the game progresses. It’s actually quite incredible what they achieved. I’m definitely going to find some Dev videos where they talk about how they developed that tech.

[An aside - with the achievements in the game (on Xbox app) you unlock desktop wallpapers. Given how amazing the game looks, it’s a nice plus to get some cool wallpapers from it]

5 Likes

Ive managed to redo what I lost, I am now on the way to the doctor, I keep getting killed in the wheat fields.

4 Likes

May not be Dev related, but I watch a LOT of in-depth analysis videos and critiques of games. If you really keen to go deep, check out the following channels: Luke Stephens, That Boy Aqua, Whitelight, LazerzZ, Raycevick, Joseph Anderson and Fizhy. Granted these style of videos are lengthy but worth it if you want a deep dive on learning more about them.

Here’s a great one too…

3 Likes

On special on PS4

3 Likes

Thats quite a discount.

2 Likes

I have about 5 days to finish this game, hope i can do it :stuck_out_tongue:

(xbox game pass we got for Sea of Thieves ends 26th hehe)

2 Likes

I was going to say you have to the end of July but then I read your second line.

2 Likes

You’ll easily be able to fit it in that time. It’s not a long game.

2 Likes

I’ve also started this game. Not quite sure if I’m liking it yet, but I’m still very early in the game. Just started chapter / part 2.

1 Like

Oh snap, is it leaving Game Pass?

1 Like

No, but my 1 month trial ends :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha read his whole post. Not just the first line.

I liked it a lot. Though I do think the first half of the game is better than the second half.

2 Likes

haha I did mate, even read @czc’s post and double checked but for some reason that is what my brain computed >_<

3 Likes

Haha it sounds like you need more coffee.

2 Likes

The probability is high.

3 Likes

The final battle is pretty epic though, if not just for the spectacle of it.

3 Likes

I’ve just unlocked the ability to double dink any non-heavy guard with 2 rocks dead.. With the fact that I’m someone who tries to find all the goodies, im almost always filled up with rocks and all the other things i can carry (i’m 1 update away from not even needing tools to upgrade). I guess stealth is now purely optional…unless they just fill rooms with the big bois

EDIT: or as it turns out, go a different direction altogether. I’m about to start Part 15 at the tower in the snow…

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaand DONE.
Now on to…uh, probably batman, provided it no longer crashes every 10 minutes :’( (i remember feeling so bleak that i gifted the game to mygaming folk and its launch was so terrible…felt very guilty for some reason)

Must say I enjoyed it. It kept finding ways to be fresh enough with the mechanics that it never became tedious. Nicely done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

PSA: GameClubs 13–15 have been extended until the end of August!

1 Like

Ok, almost finished it. Was about halfway through chapter 16 and then kept on dying, got frustrated and Youtubed the ending.
Maybe if I played with KB+Mouse I could have done it but with controller I just couldn’t aim fast enough.

1 Like