MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Who do you think won the race?

2 Likes

I finished the race this time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha I look forward to racing against you guys again. Who ended up racing last night?

2 Likes

I managed to do well in Quali, just got pushed down to third by @Konck who beat me by 0.003s

I then had my Russian Hardbass pumping a bit to loudly as I went into Turn 1 like Daniil Kyvat… :scream:

3 Likes

Can someone please post the first corner shenanigans? My replay didn’t get saved.
It was a fun race, I screwed myself by spinning out of the last chicane and losing half my wing, lost out on a podium finish because of it.

4 Likes

If @DieGrootHammer was driving I would have put my money on him. Now I have no idea!

I cant even log on to check the results!

1 Like

You gave me a real run for my money there for a few laps @SlinX. I felt like I closed the door on you a bit aggressively when I overtook, but my reply never showed the overtake, so I couldn’t check afterwards.

@DieGrootHammer left us for dust… and realised late in the race that he was running in Lean mix…

2 Likes

Yip, sounds about right. I was secretly hoping he did not race, especially since I got no points!

Somebody give me the good news about my AI driver! He got some points, right?

@Konck Definitely, we had some good scraps, I just couldn’t stay consistent. I punted you at the hairpin though so hows about we call it even :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, apparently he was aggressive…

Apologies for the potato quality, but I uploaded my replay from last night’s race. The first few seconds is where all the shenanigans can be seen, all the dive bombs into turn one and all the spins, thereafter it’s just me driving around the track.

2 Likes

Hey! This at least proves that I didn’t cause the pile up. Just messed up my own race. I seriously underestimated how early I needed to brake so had to dive onto the grass to try not punt Hammer and bust up my front wing. It did not end well. That spin left me in 18th so it was a hard fight up to 6th.

1 Like

Yikes! A big difference the 26 point gain is making to the leaderboard!

Congrats @DieGrootHammer! Sorry I was not there to make it more interesting!

1 Like

Remember though that the Standings Table in game is not 100% accurate after the debacle of Australia - three times!, @Solitude’s weird habit of resigning from the League and rejoining only to have all his points wiped, and our 25% points value for AI Substitute drivers.

Here’s the official Standings after Canada:

We are heading back to the European circuits in our season now. Next week is the French GP.

Drop your votes below for suitable/prefferred race days please:

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • No day - can’t race

0 voters

@oltman @DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc

If you’re suffering sim racing withdrawals you could consider joining one of the other racing leagues if you’re keen. There’s racing to be had in Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa and AC Competizione, and even a couple of more serious types doing some iRacing at the moment.

1 Like

My vote is in! Looking forward to the next race!

1 Like

I quite like the French track! Here is hoping the stars allign!

2 Likes

My game still just crashes to desktop. I have reinstalled, followed most of the reddit fixes, changed disks, something is fucky. I am working on it. It worked for like 20mins on race day when I try again, but then it just started crashing again.

2 Likes

@oltman @DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc

We are off on our foray into the fabulous French countryside on Thursday evening!

Hope to see as many of you there as possible - internet issues and game installation issues mpt withstanding.

1 Like

I must still practice the track, haven’t even looked at it yet.

2 Likes